Androgel Testosterone Therapy Class Action
NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE OF A CLASS ACTION
1. On March 9, 2015, the Petitioners instituted a Motion to Authorize the Bringing of a Class Action & to Ascribe the Status of Representative (the “Motion for Authorization”) in the Superior Court of Québec, district of Montréal, under file number 500-06-000733-150, on behalf of the following class:
• all persons residing in Canada who were prescribed and/or used ANDROGEL and their successors, assigns, family members, and dependants, or any other group to be determined by the Court;
Alternately (or as a subclass)
• all persons residing in Quebec who were prescribed and/or used ANDROGEL and their successors, assigns, family members, and dependants, or any other group to be determined by the Court;
2. BE AWARE that he Court has allowed the discontinuance and that the class action is terminated. Limitation periods (i.e. prescription) are no longer suspended. Therefore, class members will no longer be represented by the class action and will be required to pursue their own legal claims, should they so desire.
3. On this website, you can also download and view (a) the Motion for Authorization and (b) the Judgment allowing the discontinuance.
CONSUMER LAW GROUP has launched a class Canada-wide action lawsuit against the maker of Androgel, manufactured by Abbott, on behalf of individuals who have suffered cardiac events, strokes, thrombosis, death and other serious medical problems after taking testosterone therapy medication.
“ANDROGEL” is a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) drug, which is a hormone treatment often prescribed to patients in order to counter the effects of absent or low testosterone or male hypogonadism.
It is alleged that Abbott sold ANDROGEL as a safe and effective treatment despite a wealth of existing knowledge that the drug had dangerous side effects including, life-threatening cardiac events, strokes, thrombosis, death and other serious medical problems.
It is further alleged that Abbott, in combination with other pharmaceutical companies involved in the manufacture of testosterone therapies, have been engaging in disease-mongering marketing campaigns to “alert” physicians and consumers about the under-diagnosis of low testosterone, its symptoms and the supposed grave health risks resulting from the lack of or under-treatment thereof. In reality, these supposed “symptoms” are more often than not caused by the natural aging process.
The class action lawsuit identifies the group of affected persons as:
All persons residing in Canada who were prescribed and/or used ANDROGEL and their successors, assigns, family members, and dependants, or any other group to be determined by the
If you or a member of your family have used the testosterone therapy medication Androgel and were subsequently injured, and you wish more information on potential compensation or to be kept advised of the status of the Androgel Testosterone Therapy Class Action litigation or any resulting compensation from the Androgel Testosterone Therapy Lawsuit in Canada, Quebec or Ontario, please provide your contact information to our law firm using the below form.
IF YOU WISH TO JOIN THE CLASS ACTION OR TO SIMPLY GET MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. Please note that providing your information creates no financial obligation for you. You are not charged any fee or cost for joining this class action. Our law firm is paid a contingency fee from the compensation recovered, only if the class action is successful. All information contained in this transmission is confidential and Consumer Law Group agrees to protect this information against unauthorized use, publication or disclosure.